Friday, March 11, 2005

I am Peter Gibbons

This week i aspire to be Peter Gibbons. I don't work in a cubical or hate my boss nonetheless I am...This all stems as one more stop off point in my thought process post reading of Affluenza and Ecclesiastes over and over and over again. My new challenge is to determine how little I can work and still survive. Sure beats the cultural goal of 'how much to I need to work in order to support my consumerism.' Sure nobody actually says it that way but that is what it actually comes down to.

I'm not looking to loaf around all day and watch T.V. I'd rather spend time painting, reading, going to museums, spending time with people i care about, walking, or playing with my worm poop than dedicating my morning hours to something I don't really care about.

People will always try to make order out of our chaotic world but it's never going to happen. Cliche as it is, life is a gift. Life is to be enjoyed. We have done an amazing job at perverting that idea and turning life into something to be dreaded, slept through, unenjoyable, busy, busy, busy, and did i mention busy?

Anyone in favor of this new plan for regaining life and simplicity? Go rent Office Space this weekend and find some inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home