Friday, April 22, 2005

The sun is finally shining again in southern california (although today hinted at rain). It is Friday and that is good. I'm feeling rather inefficient at work lately (which is better than feeling that way towards life which had been the case these past several months). I've decided to quit, still unbeknownst to supervisor in order to spend more time with my step son. I'm probably more excited about that decision than he is. I anticipate a slight initial battle when he discovers he won't be spending endless summer days unsupervised at the junk food video game mecca known as Grandpa's house. At six he already asks me why I ask him so many questions about his life. "Because I'm interested in you!" I tell him. This scares me as I envision what he might be like at 12, 16, 18 years old. Hence, the decision to hang out with him more and be present in his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home