Sunday, July 10, 2005

My life as a Stay at Home Step Mom week 1

P.S. this blog is still ugly. David says he has offered to change it many times but i've always insisted on doing it myself (ME refuse help??? I don't remember him ever offering....)...

anyway.

This week was full and i found myself fairly exhausted by 7:30. but it was a good exhausted with very exciting days to thank for that welcomed tiredness at the end of the day.

On Tuesday K and I ventured out to the La Brea Tar Pits located on Wilshire in Los Angeles. I learned that Los Angeles is the only urban area that currently has an archaeological dig on an on-going basis.. Quite frankly, it is amazing to have a dig going on in between office buildings, high rises, theater houses, and everything else city life offers. We hit the museum on its freeday which translates into every day camp and school group in the L.A. area being present. It wasn't so bad. The museum is fairly small. We did one walk thru, watched a 15 minute film on the tar pit's history, and learned about fossils. K really enjoyed the film; so much so that he we went back later on to watch it again. We spent that afternoon at some friends' pool. In one afternoon K's water confidence shot up more than in did all last summer. It was amazing to watch.

On wednesday I started my fourth quarter of school. I am taking four classes, three of them on wednesday, which means i start at 10:30 am and don't end until 9:30 pm. I'm taking an herbs class, an anatomy class, microsystems (ear, hand, foot acupuncture), and fricken ol' boring chemsitry on saturday mornings. Not working has allowed me much more time to study already which is a whole new feeling for me. I really enjoy all that i'm learning. K spent the day at his grandpa's house on wednesday.

Thursday morning we went to the Huntington Library and walked all around their botanical gardens. Right around the time K started to complain that his legs hurt i prayed something interesting would happen to hold his attention for the rest of the rather long walk. a little while later we ran into some of his classmates froms school and their mothers which was wonderful. So much so that K didn't want to leave when we had to.

Friday was off to the library to return and check out new books then off to the airport to drop a friend off and finally on to the swimming pool as promised earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home